As happens each year at this time, the Montage Beverly Hills is spreding the proverbial red carpet for celebrity out-of-towners who stay there during the 82nd Annual Academy Awards.
Of course ordinary mortals who happen to be caught up in the cross hairs, and are lucky enough to score a room there during Hollywood’s biggest, most hyped, ginormous week, can also enjoy such luxuries as: Services of the “Bow Tie Butler” who does exactly what it sounds like, helps gentlemen tie their ties. Everyone gets personalized note cards; a monogrammed director’s chair in their room to use while preening; and to relieve stress, the spa’s open longer for facials, massages and body pampering (at additional fees). FYI: I’ve had, hands-on, some of the best facials and massages at this facility.
The spa is gorgeous and the treatment menu creative with salubrious selections such as:
“Essential Waters” — that starts with hydrotherapy bath infused with essential oils of neroli, bergamot and sandalwood coupled with underwater massage serves as the relaxing prelude to a soothing, long stroke, warm-oil massage, ending with exfoliation and a revitalizing Vichy rain shower. “Montage Anti-aging Facial” — that combines an antioxidant serum with a firming and contouring facial massage and a marine mask to firm and lift. “Body sculpting” –Mineral-enriched mud is combined with a contouring and lifting connective tissue massage, followed by a cool mud compress, to encourage the removal of cellular wastes and improve the skin’s appearance. ·
Seamstresses and laundresses trained in the care of fine fabrics are in-house to attend to any last-minute alterations or garment pressing requirements.
· Hair styling and coloring appointments are available at the onsite Kim Vo Salon and the in-house barber shop, Gornik & Drucker, who have been ministering to the famous and infamous since 1936.
· Complimentary shoe shines by butlers certified by world-famous bespoke shoemaker John Lobb. · The valet department staffs two distinct arrival areas to ensure additional privacy for guests.
· An ever-alert security department to keep the paparazzi at bay, with all entrances and exits kept private and secure. Just in case you were worried.
· A well choreographed transportation department making to ensure seamless limousine arrivals and departures so that Oscar® guests can expect on-the-dot service.
· The gift shop has fully stocked with creature comforts such as breath mints and additional supplies of socks and stockings.
Montage Beverly Hills, 225 N. Canon Dr., Beverly Hills, (310) 860-7800, www.montagebeverlyhills.com